Women in Tech
Oak Table World WIT, (Women in Technology)
A dozen topics, the best women in the business, how cool is that?
Both days’ sessions will be dynamic open-floor discussions on the topics that are important to women in technology today.
- First Session: Monday, Sept. 23rd , 10-11am
- Second Session: Tuesday, Sept. 24th, 3-4pm
“Find your path, set it on fire- so bright that people not only want to see the flames, they want to walk in your footsteps before they cool…”
- Talk alongside high-level Oracle professionals on how to best channel your strengths and showcase your effectiveness in the workplace.
- Discuss how incredibly skilled women are at their jobs and how to take that initiative and power, then redirect it on building your career.
- Ideas on how to partner and professionally network more effectively as WIT.
- How to be a mentor, mentor each other and find a mentor, along with mentoring the women of tomorrow.
- How networking and social media can build your career, help you locate a better job, ace an interview and other essential skills for today’s Oracle professional.
- Leaning in, digging in and stepping into the spot light- What holds so many of us back from what turns a job into a career?
- Communication challenges in the workplace- What they are and how we can overcome them.
- “Discrimination is no longer the enemy- stereotypes are.” How often does cultural limiting go unrecognized and how to overcome it.
Attendees should gain:
- Collaboration on innovative solutions to overcome common challenges to today’s WIT.
- Learn more about themselves and empowered to do more.
- Build and extend professional and personal connections in a welcoming environment of women committed to helping each other succeed.
WIT Involved in planning and/or attending:
- Kellyn Pot’Vin, Sr. Technical Consultant, Enkitec, (Moderator for both sessions)
- Debra Lilley, Principal Consultant at Fujitsu, ACED
- Michelle Malcher, DBA Team Lead at DRW Holdings, ACED
- Vanessa Simmons, Director of Business Development at the Pythian Group
- Gwen Shapira, Solutions Architect at Cloudera, ACED
- Amy Caldwell, Oracle Apps Development and EBS at Chick-fil-a
- Sarah Zumbrum, Oracle Certified Lead Architect at Finit Solutions
- Heli Helskyaho, CEO at Miracle Finland, ACE